Catherine has more than a decade of experience in the college admissions field. She has an in-depth understanding of both how applications are evaluated and of the personal and intellectual qualities admissions officers are seeking in successful applicants.
- Masters Degree in School Counseling from the University of San Diego (2010)
- External "holistic review" reader for University of California at San Diego (2012-2015)
- San Diego County Chair for the Duke University Alumni Admissions Advisory Committee (2000-2011)
Additionally, Catherine has made small group presentations on high school four-year planning, résumés, admissions interview skills, and the college search process. She happily presents information sessions on “Selective College Admissions” at Admissions Case Studies, College Information Nights, and College Fairs. She is an active member of a number of professional associations and participates in regular meetings with colleagues and admissions personnel to remain up to date on all of the developments in the college application process.
As a parent, with twin daughters who graduated from college in May 2018 and a son who graduated from college in May 2013, she brings a wealth of personal experience and compassion to her work with students and their families.
Catherine is actively involved in the community and volunteers her time and expertise to a number of local charities, including:
- Duke Club of San Diego, Board Member (1999-Present)
- Meals on Wheels, Coastal North County (2008-Present)